Friday, February 13, 2015

Rough Week & Ways to Cope

Even though things are much better now, the beginning of this week started off rough. Only because Burk & I are taking very different approaches on how to cope during this waiting period. He is basically erring on the side of caution & trying not to get anyone's hopes up yet by assuming no pregnancy until the test says so. But as the bearer of this child, I feel like it is my job to assume that I am (going to get) pregnant, remaining calm, relaxed & giving my body the best chance to do it's job. Which means, I need him to do whatever he can to support that. And keep our home as peaceful as possible. But if that test comes back & says no, then that's ok & we will try again. God has a plan & I am walking in faith no matter what. But it seemed like hope was being lost.

After a few days of really stupid arguments that weren't helping me relax at all, we sat down & talked. I explained that I can't walk around pretending I am not pregnant. Not only is that incredibly depressing to me but not all in keeping with the faith I have in God. But that doesn't mean I am telling people I am pregnant either. Of course, being the Burk I know & love he started telling me all the things I needed to be doing. Like giving me a long list of todo's was going to help me relax. One funny thing I have to share is that he thought I needed to up my calories in my fitness app. I laughed & asked him how many calories do you think a pregnant woman should be eating? He responded, "a lot more than you are now!" I laughed & told him that we only need to eat about 300 extra calories a day & that doesn't begin until the second trimester. I wish ya'll could have seen his face, it was priceless. I just realized I am going to have to count on my close female friends (you know who you are) a lot during this process because I can't expect him to understand all this.

Just prior to us sitting down & talking, I did something that helped me tremendously. I went into a maternity store in the mall & looked around a bit. I figured that since I was feeling down about not knowing yet, that being surrounded by those who have been in my shoes, might help. And in the process I could start planning cute maternity outfits. Well it worked!!! I found tons of cute stuff. I even found the perfect pillow for sleeping on my side, it's a must have.

I have also been taking online quizzes just for fun, to find out the kind of mom I am going to be, apparently I favor a "Whatever Works" kind. I will try things but if they don't work then no biggie, I will just try something else. And I will try not to do things just because a book tells me so. I really want to focus on what works best for the baby & for us. And just spend time getting used to everything & not pushing myself too hard to figure it all out at once. That's all for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's day,we are doing a quiet dinner at home with homemade sushi (cooked for me of course, just in case), can't wait!!!

XOXO,
Angie

2 comments:

  1. Praying for a bun in the oven! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. We're only 3 months of actively trying and negative so far 😕 but we had a hard time with Bradley's conception and we learned not to focus on trying for a baby so much as enjoying each other. We let go let God! And tada.... Bradley! 😊 I'm here if you need me

    ReplyDelete