Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Planning Ahead & Greatest Birthday Present EVER

Today has been all about medical stuff. Finding out about midwives in the area, maternity leave stuff & getting an appt to go see my dentist because apparently having dental work done while pregnant is a bad idea (who knew)!!! Plus, I want to get all this out of the way beforehand, so that I can just sit back & relax.

I called about maternity leave to find out all the details & the first thing the women told me was that I would be losing my insurance, WHAT??!! Apparently, if you don't know how to word it properly that's what it sounds like. She totally freaked me out & had me on the verge of a panic attack!!! What she was trying to tell me was that since I won't have a regular paycheck coming in while I am out, I will be billed for my insurance separately. Of course at the same rate that I was paying, so the amount doesn't change. So thank goodness for that!!!

I also found out that I am potentially eligible for up to 12 weeks of leave & I can be paid for a portion of that time & with a portion of my salary...some crazy percentage, like 66 2/3rds %...what the heck kind of percentage is that?! I will never figure out that number, even with a calculator!!! All great news, since we are trying to save up 3 months of my salary NOW so that I can take that time off & not worry about anything. So whatever I can still get paid above what we have saved, not to mention I have PTO, will just be bonus. And I have already come up with some ideas on how to do that & we just need to put them into action.

This weekend in Nashville, I got the greatest birthday present, a hubby could ever get his wife!!!



Burk is really funny about all this. I have yet to actually hear him say "yes, let's do this" (and believe me I have tried) but I guess the old saying, actions speak louder than words, really comes into play here. So what I can tell you is that we have decided to let nature take it's course. And all that means is we are content with whatever amount of time it takes to get there. And if I don't get pregnant this month or next, it doesn't mean anything is wrong with me. This is all part of God's plan for our lives & we want his will to be done. That's all for now!

Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment